My wife and I were strolling through the local garden center early this summer. I came across this upright juniper wedged between all of the summer stock. Starving for a ray of sunlight, and looking pretty shabby, I asked if I could get a discount. $10 bucks was the price and I gladly accepted.
I also cut down the pot about an inch and raked away all of the old top soil. And created a dead tip on the top of the main trunk. The second trunk will be pulled over to creat some movement and to allow the viewer to see the outline in the background.
This last weekend I finished wiring secondary branching, created a bit of Jin that will be extended later. I also removed a bit more of the old top soil and used a chopstick to aerate the soil. The second smaller trunk was also cut shorter than primary trunk.
Special thanks to Michael Hegedorn